We provide granular, powdered and pelletized activated carbons, UV disinfection and oxidation systems, ballast water treatment equipment, ion-exchange systems, liquid and air/gas adsorption systems, and a variety of comprehensive value-added services. All of these innovative products and services are designed to enhance production efficiencies, minimize waste, and remove pollutants.
Activated Carbons - Water Treatment
Municipal water providers are facing many changes and escalating challenges to meet water quality standards:
- Emerging and increasingly stringent water regulations
- Improved analytical methods for detecting waterborne contaminants at lower concentration levels
- Heightened public awareness of water quality issues will be one of the main stressors initiating change
At Calgon Carbon, we pledge to work with our customers and partners in the drinking water industry to meet all of these challenges. Whether it’s improving the aesthetics of drinking water or complying with new regulatory limits, Calgon Carbon has a solution for you.
Detailed information on Calgon Carbon’s water treatment activated carbon products is listed below
- 1184 20×50 (0.50% Ag)
- 989 (0.026% Ag)
- CARBSORB 30 AW
- CARBSORB 40 AW
- CE (1.05% Ag)
- CMR – Custom Municipal Reactivated GAC Product Brochure
- FILTRASORB® 100 Product Brochure
- FILTRASORB® 200 Product Brochure
- FILTRASORB® 200M Product Brochure
- FILTRASORB® 300 Product Brochure
- FILTRASORB® 300M Product Brochure
- FILTRASORB® 400 Product Brochure
- FILTRASORB® 400M Product Brochure
Activated Carbons for Air/Gas
Our extensive range of powdered, granular and pelletized activated carbons for air purification is designed to meet specific customer objectives in a wide variety of applications including:
- Flue gas emissions
- Gas process streams
- Storage tank vents
- Internal work air environments
- Soil remediation vents
Detailed information on Calgon Carbon’s air/gas activated carbon products is listed below.
Innovative Solutions for Industrial Processes
Calgon Carbon’s products are key performers in many manufacturing processes that demand the most effective purification, separation or concentration of our customers’ products.
We offer one of the industry’s widest ranges of activated carbons engineered for the liquid phase of the chemical and petroleum refining industries. These activated carbons are used primarily for the purification of organic and inorganic chemicals, amine, soda ash, antibiotics, and vitamins. In addition, we provide activated carbon products and services that effectively decolorize certain chemicals, such as hydrochloric acid.
Within the gas industries – including natural gas and other high purity gases – refineries depend on our activated carbons to remove contamination. The liquefied natural gas industry uses our activated carbon products to remove mercury compounds that would otherwise corrode process equipment. Calgon Carbon’s activated carbons are also widely used in gasoline vapor recovery equipment.
Calgon Carbon’s ISEP® (ionic separation) continuous ion exchange units are used for a variety of production, purification and recovery of industrial processes that include separation and recovery in hydrometallurgy, decolorizing in pulp and paper, production of organic and inorganic chemicals, purification of brine, and production of fertilizer and high purity salts.
At Calgon Carbon, we pride ourselves on developing effective and innovative solutions for your industrial and commercial manufacturing processes. For specific information on how we can meet and exceed your needs, click here.
- 207C KINA
- AMMONASORB™ II
- ASZM-TEDA Product Brochure
- BPL 12×30
- BPL 6×16
- COCO Plus 4×10
- FCA™ 12X30
- FLUEPAC® A Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® B Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® C Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® CF Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® CF + Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® CF + Ultra Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® D Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® MC Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® MC + Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® MC + Ultra Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® MC MAXX Product Brochure
- FLUEPAC® ST Product Brochure
- HGR Product Brochure
- MINOTAUR™ OC Product Brochure
- OVC 4×8 Product Brochure
- OVC Plus 4×8
- RVG 12×20
- ST1-X Product Brochure
- SULFUSORB™ 12 12×30
Ultraviolet Water Treatment Technologies
Treating water with UV irradiation is highly effective because it attacks harmful organisms at the genetic level. By passing contaminated water over ultraviolet lamps with germicidal properties, the UV energy disrupts the DNA in viruses, bacteria, and protozoa, making them unable to reproduce and rendering them harmless. UV is especially helpful to treat chlorine-resistant organisms like Cryptosporidium and Giardia. UV systems coupled with advanced oxidation can also effectively treat taste and odor compounds present in drinking water.
Calgon Carbon’s UV systems include:
- SENTINEL® UV disinfection systems for the treatment of Cryptosporidium, Giardia and other harmful pathogens.
- SENTINEL® UV-AOP systems for combined disinfection and taste and odor removal.
- PEROXCARB® granular activated carbon for hydrogen peroxide quenching in conjunction with UV-AOP systems.
You’ll find our innovative products in over 700 distinct market applications in a wide variety of industries:
- Dry Cleaning
- Electric Utilities
- Environmental Remediation
- Food and Beverage
- Home and Commercial Water Treatment
- Industrial Gas
- Inorganic Chemical
- Metals and Mining
- Municipal Drinking Water
- Municipal Waste Water
- Oil and Natural Gas
- Organic Chemical
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Printing and Surface Coating
- Pulp and Paper